Corner Desk21 Apr 2016 | Office FixMe
My office was swallowed by a baby room, so I moved my computer to share the office with my wife.
She was sick of her little desk, and I didn’t really like my big desk–that trade was obvious. But I still need some semblance of a desk. At work, I use a standing desk because it helps me with better posture, so why not build one for the new office?
It only cost me $20, and some extra supplies from the overflowing garage:
- 2 monitor mounts (cheap but effective)
- barrel (contains 3 kegs and a CO2 tank)
- plywood (bought it a long time ago for some other forgotten project)
- sand paper
- spray acrylic/polyurethane
- Cut out a triangle 4 ft x 4 ft.
- Cut off 1 ft from each side and 6 inches from the back.
- Calk to smooth it out.
- Sand to smooth it out (edges and corners too).
- Is it awesome? Continue. No? Step 3.
- Paint it until it is awesome.
- Find studs and mount mounts (odd that you have to mount mounts to mount monitors).
- Attach monitors.
- Re-assemble computer & desk.
- Play Factorio with friends.
Or if you want the full gallery